Monday, March 06, 2006

MANHATTAN MURDER MYSTERY (USA 1993) (WOODY ALLEN)

[They're in the elevator and it stops; Larry is a world-renowned claustrophobic]
CAROL: Didn't I tell you the police weren't thorough? I mean they probably thought we were cranks, right? I mean, we got no body, and...I mean, they
must get fifty crisis calls a minute. Why would they bother with us?
LARRY: I don't know. I just know, this is very deep stuff.
CAROL: Just...
LARRY: We should not be here. I'm scared, this is creepy. You know what I mean? This goes...this could be...Who knows who's involved in this? This
could go very deep, Carol. This could be like, you know, like with the Warren commission, or something. I don't like it.
CAROL: Oh, not the Warren Commission. Oh, my God!
LARRY: Jesus. What is that?
CAROL: Wait a minute. Okay, all right, now look. All right. The-the elevator's probably stuck.
LARRY: Why are we stopping? Why are we stopping?
CAROL: Relax now, Larry.
LARRY: Don't tell me to relax! I'm-I'm-I'm a-a world-renowned claustrophobic.
CAROL: It's okay. It's okay, everything's going to be fine.
LARRY: Stop. Hit something.
CAROL: I am hitting it.
LARRY: I don't like this, I don't, I don't...
CAROL: I know, I know. It's okay.
LARRY: It's easy for you to say, but I can't breath, I'm phobic.
CAROL: The-the idea is, there's plenty of air, in this elevator. Uh, Larry, relax. Now, if you just don't panic, okay? Don't panic, all right?
LARRY: I'm not panicking, I'm not panicking, I'm...
CAROL: Now, just don't worry.
LARRY: I'm just going to say the rosary, now.
CAROL: Somebody'll help us. Somebody's gonna help us. Somebody'll find us here. Hello!
LARRY: Oh, I don't know, I don't like this.
CAROL: Hello!
LARRY: Say something. Stop it.
CAROL: Hallo. Hallo!
LARRY: I don't like this.
CAROL: Oh, God, look just...
LARRY: I'm running over a field, I see open meadows. I see a stallion.
CAROL: Yes, it's...
LARRY: I'm a stallion.
CAROL: Shh. Shut up, Larry.
LARRY: There's-There's a cool breeze passing over me.
CAROL: Larry, just shut up and calm down. Just, okay? You're gonna be o...
LARRY: I see grass. I see dirt.
CAROL: Larry, shut up! Hallo! Hallo!
LARRY: You know, you said, you said, "Act as a policeman".
CAROL: I know, yeah.
LARRY: I said "No". You said "Pretend to be a policeman". You said “Show him your card”. I said “What card”.
CAROL: Okay, wait a minute. I know what. Here, just... Larry, boost me up.
LARRY: You know, I ca...
CAROL: Boost me up, and we'll get out there. We're gonna do it.
LARRY: I can't get through those things.
CAROL: Yeah. Yes we can. I can do it. I can loosen it.
LARRY: It'll never open, they're painted shut.
CAROL: No, wait. No, Larry.
LARRY: They're-They're... They-They never, they... they never open.
CAROL: Come on. All right, put your hand together. Come on. Put your hand together.
LARRY: I'm breathing.
CAROL: No, no, it's okay.
LARRY: I can't breathe. I can't breathe.
CAROL: Larry!
LARRY: I can't breathe. I can't breathe.
CAROL: Larry, I mean, it's just... All I have to do is loosen that, okay.
LARRY: I'm fainting because the-there's...
CAROL: All right, put your hand together. Put you hand together. Now give me a boost, okay?
LARRY: Oh, Jesus.
CAROL: All right, you ready? Wait a second! Wait, wait!
LARRY: Oh, Jesus, you've got to cut down on those rich desserts.
CAROL: Oh, wait a minute, now! Oh, just wait. Wait, wait.
LARRY: Let's go, my life is passing in front of my eyes. The worst part of it is, I'm driving a used car.
CAROL: Okay, now you'd think they'd loosen this stupid thing.
LARRY: I'm scared.
CAROL: Oh, my God!
LARRY: Oh, my God. It's her.
CAROL: So that's where he hid her.
LARRY: Oh, Jesus. Claustrophobia and a dead body. This is a neurotic's jackpot.
CAROL: Oh! Oh, Larry, hold on. I'm scared.
LARRY: We're going down.
CAROL: Oh, God. What's happening?
LARRY: We're going down.
CAROL: Oh, God, press up! Press up!
LARRY: Press up? I can't see my hand. How can I press up? Jesus.
CAROL: We must be heading for the basement, Larry.
LARRY: The basement. I want to get off in the mezzanine. I'm returning shoes. It's dark in here.
CAROL: What? What are you doing?
LARRY: Where are you... I'm getting back on the elevator. I don't care.
CAROL: I don't know where... Larry.
LARRY: I-I can't see anything.
CAROL: There's nothing out there. Wait a minute. What are you doing? Hey, what are you doing with matches?
LARRY: Th-Th-These are my matches. I got them at...
CAROL: Wait a minute, what... When were you at the Cafè des Artistes?
LARRY: Look. I got... Yeah, I was with an author. An authoress. At-at the... At...
CAROL: At the Cafè des Artistes?
LARRY: Yeah, b... A French, a French authoress. An author.
CAROL: Wait.
LARRY: Jesus.
CAROL: Try this way.
LARRY: I like a basement with-with knotty pine and a pool table. You know, where you can...
CAROL: Hey, look, look, look, look. Uh-huh.
LARRY: What? What?
CAROL: What's this?
LARRY: I... No, wait a minute. Not so fast. I don't like it here, it's dank.
CAROL: All right.
LARRY: And there's strange noises. I don't know what this is. I don't know. This... Oh, Jesus!
CAROL: Calm down.
LARRY: Calm down? Don't tell me to calm down.
CAROL: There. Turn the light on.
LARRY: This... Wh-Wh... I-I don't... What do you...
CAROL: Let me see. Where... There. Oh. We're locked in here. What are you gonna do?
LARRY: Oh, relax, relax, relax. Don't... I'll break it down. Stand back.
CAROL: Careful, now.
LARRY: Don't worry. Just-Just give me a second.
CAROL: Don't hurt yourself.
LARRY: Must be one of those new doors.
CAROL: Let's try out here.
LARRY: Oh, my god. I keep hearing noises.
CAROL: Oh. What's down there?
LARRY: Where? Where you... Where are you going? Don't leave me.
CAROL: Let me see. It's okay. What? Oh! Yeah. I think this is it. I think this is the service entrance.
LARRY: Well, come on.
CAROL: I'm trying.
LARRY: Come on, get it open.
CAROL: I got it. I got it.
LARRY: Go into a trot.

From http://torp.priv.no/woody/scripts/mmm.txt

No comments: